CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

We bought our first Bountiful Basket today. For only $15 we got about $30 worth of produce including bananas, apples, plums, nectarines, strawberries, mangoes, limes, carrots, cabbage, celery, grape tomatoes, green onions, and swiss chard (not sure what to do with that stuff yet!) All I had to do was take a basket to the site and transfer the fruits and vegies from their baskets to mine, and I was on my way... The kids were excited to have some fresh fruit to eat (including new things to try like mangoes), and I came home and started a pot of Easy Sausage Supper (one of my favorite easy recipes). Just boil some water with chicken or beef boullion and layer in potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage, and smoked sausage then simmer until it's all done...It smells and tastes delicious!

0 comments: