CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Free Fishing Day

Today was Idaho Free Fishing Day, so we packed up the poles, bought some worms, and went to Wilson Ponds to try our luck.  Mandi's friend, Emmery, came with us too.



Aubrie caught the first fish of the evening (as usual),



then Porter caught one too (that's his fish laying in the dirt)... 


It started getting a little chilly and breezy, and we thought about going home, but then mom hooked a fish too.  Unfortunately, as soon as I got it close to shore, it wiggled off the hook and swam away.  I was determined I was not going home empty handed, so I baited the hook again and cast out the line...another bite!  Reeled him in to the shore, and...yep, you guessed it...he got away!  Now I was really getting mad, so I decided to try just one more time.  Finally!  I hooked one and he did not get away...so we came home with 3 rainbow trout, which mom cleaned (because no one else wanted to help...eww gross!), then I broiled them with some lemon pepper, and we had a little snack...YUMMY!


We can't wait to go fishing again!

0 comments: